Sunday, June 3, 2012

Brutal workout

Yesterday I tackled a brutal workout. Only 16 minutes long, but I was exhausted by the end of it.
I don't know if it was actually super hard, or maybe I just worked out too close to breakfast...but I was pretty close to losing my eggs at one point.

It was an interval workout, with longer than usual intervals: 1 minute work/ 20 seconds rest
It included four rounds of four different exercises (4x4):

-jump side lunge (58, 51, 48, 50)
-forward and backward jump burpee (8, 8, 9, 8)
-alternating curtsy squat with 25lb kettlebell (22, 22, 20, 22)
-alternating single leg pike press (18, 14, 14, 14)

In the parenthesis are my scores for each round of the exercise.

I personally think it was brutal! One full minute of effort is more than I usually do and it proved to make the workout extra tough!

Here are some examples of each exercise:

Jump side lunge (Zuzana Light in the picture)
http://www.bodyrock.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/SideLungeJump1.jpg

Forward and backward jump burpee
 I don't think there's a good picture for it, but it's like a regular burpee with a pushup and instead of jumping upward at the end, you take two jumps: one forward and one backward.

Alt. curtsy squat (source)
http://www.halecollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/curtsy-lunge.jpg

Single leg pike press (Zuzana Light in the photo)
http://www.bodyrock.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/OneLegPikePress2.jpg
 

If you try the workout, let me know how you did!!




No comments:

Post a Comment