Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars

The first three words of the title should have you intrigued! I mean, who doesn't like chocolate and peanut butter together?! I guess if you were allergic to peanuts you wouldn't...but that's beside the point, these bars are delicious!

I adapted this recipe just slightly from =Protein Pow(der). It's a great blog that has SO many recipes for any and all types of protein powder...and they all look so delicious!

Here's what you need:
1 1/2 cups chocolate protein powder
3/4 cup oat flour (ground oats)
1/4 cup peanut butter + 2 Tbsp
1/8 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
1/2 cup milk
dark chocolate bar

Mix everything together with a fork/spatula and press into a 3x9 baking pan and place in the freezer for about 20 minutes.

**Update: I forgot to mention that the extra 2Tbsp PB are to spread over the top of the pressed down mixture...because I love me some peanut butter! :)


For easy clean up, put down wax or parchment paper to prevent the mixture from sticking. Then take them out and cut them into 6 bars. Melt some of the chocolate bar on the stove, about 1/3 of the bar. When it's all melty, you can either dip the bars into the pan, or use a spatula and "paint" on the chocolate.
Place the chocolate covered bars on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place back in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Then wrap individually and store in the freezer.

These bars are super delicious and taste like desert because of the chocolate covering!

These are the types of protein and peanut butter I used, in case you're curious:

MyoFusion is an okay protein, it has a good flavor, but after 5lbs of it I'm pretty tired of the same old thing! I do have to say that earth balance's coconut and peanut spread is the BEST peanut butter EVER!! I normally get freshly ground peanut butter from Vitamin Cottage, but this stuff is just to die for. It has a wonderful blend of coconut flavor to compliment the peanut butter.

I'm drooling just thinking about it right now...

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. my goodness! YUMMMMM you are my hero for sharing this :)
    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete