Saturday, May 5, 2012

Full body workout and protein pudding

Once again, it's been a while since I've posted, but today I have not just a recipe (it's a delicious one too!), but I also have a full body at home workout!

School has ended and so has my gym membership, so I decided to try more at home workouts for a while to see if I like it. I can always get a gym membership somewhere else in town, but working out at home can save some money and I'm hoping it will change up my normal routine. This first week without a gym has been kind of frustrating because I want to actually lift weights and continue to get stonger, but I only have a 10lb medicine ball at home. I ordered some resistance bands online this week and I'm excited for them to get here so I can have more...resistance in my training! I do have to say that just in the past week, I have really improved with pushups, which is very exciting!

Even though there's been some hard feelings about not being able to lift heavy, I have come up with some great circuits and HIIT workouts, today's circuit was especially brutal.

4 rounds:
-10 rep: walkout plank with pushup
-20 rep: alternating single leg v-ups
-12 rep: chair dips
-6 rep each leg: single leg burpees
-20 rep: frog squats
-15 rep each leg: lunge hold with med ball twist

Including the 2 or so minute break I took between rounds, the whole workout took about 45 minutes and by the last set of burpees, my arms were pretty shot! This workout was also kinda tough on my wrists, so in the 4th round, I had to be mindful of keeping my fingers spread wide to support my wrists.

Afterward, I fueled up with some Chocolate Almond Protein Pudding!


Here's what you need:
1/2 avocado
1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 Tbsp almond butter
1/2 cup+ almond milk

Blend everything in a blender and enjoy!
You'll definitely get your healthy fats in for the day with this!!

Note: You may need more almond milk, I was adding it in splashes until I got the right consistency of pudding that I wanted. You could even add more to make it a "drinkable" shake instead of pudding. This pudding isn't very sweet, so if you want it more like desert, you could add some maple syrup or honey.

OH! and I should mention that I am a college graduate now! Here's a couple pictures from my graduation :D



Thanks for reading!

Do you prefer working out at the gym or at home?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment