Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gluten-free test

Well, after some excessive and unrelenting digestive issues, I have decided to give up gluten for 2 weeks, as a test period to see if I'm "sensitive"to gluten. I've been reading up on gluten and digestive problems and I think there could be a strong connection and in my case, I know I eat a moderate amount of gluten everyday.
Two weeks may not be enough time to "cure" me and my symptoms, but I think it is a good starting point to assess if any changes happen. If it goes well, then I will stick with gluten-free living and be happy that my digestive problems have come to an end, if not, then it's back to the drawing board.
So, as of tomorrow, March 26th, I will not eat gluten for two weeks, that means no breads, pastas, beer (which I don't drink much of anyway) or wheat products in general. I will continue to eat my daily bowl of oatmeal, even though I don't have a GF certified brand, but I will count it as close enough. :)

I think this will be a good diet to start anyway because a lot of the unhealthy calories that I eat in my day are from gluten products. Because lets face it, I LOVE carbs with a passion. But I think they hinder me from achieving some of my goals, so it will be nice to try for a few weeks and see if I make any improvements as far a physique goes.

I'm excited to see what happens, if anything, in the next two weeks and I will be updating on my blog about how I'm feeling and what changes occur. Since I am looking to see if my body changes physically, I will take some "progress" pictures tomorrow and at the end of two weeks and if I'm satisfied that I made progress, I will be sure to post them as evidence!

I'll be back tomorrow to share some gluten-free protein muffins I made, so stay tuned!

Do you have any problems with gluten?    

No comments:

Post a Comment