Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday!

This is my first ever "What I ate Wednesday", which is pretty much an idea a food blogger started to unite foodies from all over the blogging-world! How neat is that?!




Every month there is a different theme to WIAW and this month is adding an extra cup of veggies into your daily life...I can dig that!

Since it's Wednesday, I'm technically going to write about what I ate Tuesday but that's no biggie, it's not like there are rules to WIAW!

The morning started off with a scoop of chocolate protein powder in about 16 oz of water and a handful of blackberries.

Then it was off to the gym for a morning workout of arms and abs circuit training + 20 minutes of cardio.
Post-workout I ate some overnight, mason jar oatmeal: 1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 banana, chia seeds, sliced almonds, cinnamon and some peanut butter (of course!).


Which I ate outside. :)

Then I had a snack around 11am during homework time: greek yogurt with backberries and a cup of coffee.


I ate lunch a couple hours later, just before I had class, which consisted of baked chicken seasoned with smoked paprika, quinoa and a big salad with some almonds and apple cider vinegar on top. 


This was a filling lunch, but I was already hungry by the time I got out of class two hours later, so when I got home I made a little more oatmeal with frozen strawberries...I was almost done eating it when I realized I should take a picture!


One of my friends got accepted into grad school for the fall, so we went out during happy hour to celebrate! I just had coffee and some of the delicious dessert that was ordered (I'll admit it was me who proposed dessert), I didn't take a picture of it, but it's probably better that way, you'd be running to find some chocolate after seeing it! It was a brownie sundae with chocolate ice cream and whipped cream on top! Soooo good and I'm seriously glad it was split between four people!

Then I came home and got dinner cooking while I did more homework. I made a carrot/asparagus soup with brown rice and topped it with avocado. 

 How's that for extra veggies!

Soup recipe to come! It's a simple soup, in making and in flavor and I'm glad I made rice to go with it because it wasn't very dense. I adapted it from an asparagus soup recipe, but didn't have enough to make a full pot of soup, so I added carrots as well!

I finished the night off with some tea and inspirational Youtube videos :)

Be Flavorful!

No comments:

Post a Comment